LAKE-GEAUGA UNITED HEAD START, INC.
POSITION: Cook’s Aide
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time Program Year Employee, Bargaining Unit
SUPERVISOR: Site Administrator
Assists in the preparation and delivery of meals and snacks to enrolled children.
1. Assists in preparation of all meals and snacks on a daily basis.
2. Participates in the delivery of meals and snacks to classrooms or satellite centers, as needed.
3. Operates/utilizes standard commercial kitchen equipment and utensils to prepare meals.
4. Stocks food when needed.
5. Washes dishes when needed.
6. Ensures an orderly, sanitary and safe food preparation environment in accordance with local, state and Head Start guidelines.
7. Maintains and cleans equipment to ensure that health and sanitation requirements are met.
8. Assists with or completes all food service documentation required by USDA/CACFP and licensing rules.
9. Submits accurate and complete time sheets to supervisor bi-weekly or as requested.
10. Promotes Lake-Geauga United Head Start, Inc. in the community and recruits children for the program as appropriate.
11. Encourages in-kind donations through communication with the parents or community.
12. Attends training and meetings as required by program calendar, supervisor, Executive Director, or professional development plan or as required by state or federal law.
13. Other duties as assigned.
14. Mandatory participation in annual self-assessment if selected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Employee must know and adhere to:
· LGUHS nutrition policies and procedures
· ODJFS licensing rules
· Head Start Performance Standards
· USDA/CACFP guidelines
· Food Safety rules and regulations
2. Employee must be skilled in:
· Handling emergency situations in the kitchen
· Operating basic commercial kitchen equipment
· Working closely with others
· Recognizing and reporting potential child abuse
3. Employee must be able to:
· Lift at least 50 pounds regularly
· Reach above head with both arms
· Stand for extended periods of time
· See and hear without significant impairment
· Bend without trouble
· Walk without trouble
· Read and write
· Use basic equipment such as a telephone and photocopier
· Pass employment physical, including TB test every two years
· Pass initial and regular drug and alcohol screens
Tasks may involve unplanned or procedure specific exposure to bodily fluids and possible exposure to communicable diseases.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Clean criminal background supported by background check (fingerprints)
3. Eligible to work in the
4. Completed first aid, communicable disease and CPR courses, or ability to complete courses.
Refer to current Bargaining Agreement and/or subsequent wage re-openers to the current agreement.