LAKE-GEAUGA UNITED HEAD START, INC.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time Program Year Employee, Bargaining Unit
SUPERVISOR: Site Administrator
Prepares meals for all three centers while ensuring the general maintenance and upkeep of the central kitchen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares breakfast, lunch and snack for all classes on a daily basis in accordance with USDA/CACFP guidelines and other applicable rules.
2. Operates/utilizes standard commercial kitchen equipment and utensils to prepare meals.
3. Maintains equipment, and reports any needed repairs to supervisor.
4. Assists with preparation of written orders for food items, non-food items and other supplies necessary to carry out regular food service operations as well as any special needs.
5. Makes necessary menu substitutions to accommodate food allergies or other special dietary requirements and documents those substitutions.
6. Maintains accurate and complete inventory records, menu records and required paperwork for USDA/CACFP reimbursement claims.
7. Assists with dish washing and food preparation as needed.
8. Maintains a sanitary, safe and orderly kitchen operation in accordance with all local, state and Head Start regulations.
9. Submits accurate and complete time sheets to supervisor bi-weekly or as requested.
10. Promotes Lake-Geauga United Head Start, Inc. in the community and recruits children for the program as appropriate.
11. Encourages in-kind donations through communication with the parents or community.
12. Attends training and meetings as required by program calendar, supervisor, Executive Director, or professional development plan or as required by state or federal law.
13. Other duties as assigned.
14. Mandatory participation in annual self-assessment if selected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Employee must know and adhere to:
· LGUHS nutrition policies and procedures
· ODJFS licensing rules
· Head Start Performance Standards
· USDA/CACFP guidelines
· Food safety rules and regulations
2. Employee must be skilled in:
· Handling emergency situations in the kitchen
· Operating basic commercial kitchen equipment
· Working closely with others
· Recognizing and reporting potential child abuse
3. Employee must be able to:
· Lift at least 50 pounds regularly
· Reach above head with both arms
· Stand for extended periods of time
· See and hear without significant impairment
· Bend without trouble
· Walk without trouble
· Read and write
· Use basic equipment such as a telephone and photocopier
· Pass employment physical, including TB test every two years
· Pass initial and regular drug and alcohol screens
Tasks may involve unplanned or procedure specific exposure to bodily fluids and possible exposure to communicable diseases.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Clean criminal background supported by background check (fingerprints)
3. Eligible to work in the
4. Completed first aid, communicable disease and CPR courses, or ability to complete courses.
Refer to current Bargaining Agreement and/or subsequent wage re-openers to the current agreement.